Thread: Porsche 911sc
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps58 View Post
I own a 2010 370z base coupe 6 speed. I purchased the car new for 5000.00 off MSRP. I really enjoy my vehicle. I have owned a 62 XKE roadster and a 1978 280z.

However, for the past year I have a red 911sc coupe, it looks like a late 80's model pass by home every weekend. It appears that the owner had the car restored. It's not a show car but it looks amazing.

I want to sell my Z and find a 911sc. Is it a bad idea to purchase an older model Porsche?
For it to be reliable some factory updates are needed: Carrera chain tensioners and the gearboxes are not super strong. Turbo tie rod ends are also a good idea.
They are great cars but you need to seriously do the math on parts/maintenance and get a thorough test drive and hit Rennlist for some education.
If its not a daily driver and a toy go for it with those items in mind above to START WITH
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote