Thread: Hard driving?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #41 (permalink)
zeeder
Enthusiast Member

Drives: ‘13 370Z ST 6M
zeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond reputezeeder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetlife View Post
, it's funny to me how the 7AT in the 370z doesn't get the props it deserves for how amazing it actually is for a single clutch automatic transmission. People have no problem driving a GT-R (dual clutch automatic transmission), Ferrari 458 Italia (dual clutch automatic transmission) , Lexus LFA (single clutch automatic transmission) and a Lamborghini Aventador (single clutch automatic transmission too), these get all the praise no problem, but if you've driven them and the 370z in 7AT you'll notice the shift speeds are not that different at all. I give props to actual engineering genius creations from R&D regardless of the badge the vehicle has on it! I love my 7AT, ordered my girl Vanity that way for a reason!
All of the autos you mentioned are actually clutchless manual transmissions whereas the 370Z is a traditional automatic with a torque converter. That being said, with all the raves of how good it is, I wish I would have at least test driven an auto 370...lol. Oh well, I love my 6MT except when I'm in stop and go traffic!!