View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
MIKE_STR
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
MIKE_STR has a spectacular aura aboutMIKE_STR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
If you are trying to increase grip on corner exit....going up in rear spring is not going to help. Do you have a rear sway on the car? If so, yank it and toss it away.
That's the plan and was in one of my prior posts. The car is pretty neutral now in the corners. I do plan on yanking the rear sway completely but realize that I might have to add spring to keep the car neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03threefiftyz View Post
Also, I think the OP's car is boarding on too stiff for an ST class car. Compliance isn't a bad thing, in fact it will help overall grip. As an FYI, I run close to the same rates on the BSP car, with the front bar not overly stiff and no rear bar.
These are the same rates that Brian Peters is currently running. I'm not going to argue with the guy that won a national championship in the "wrong car."

However, I'm always open to feedback. You probably have more knowledge when it comes to building a Z for autoX... Than anyone. Keep it coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo8642 View Post
Mike_STR, this might have come up, but are you scaling your car?
Yes. 3134 with half a tank of gas... Of course add about 40-50lbs for additional gas that I'll need. However, this was with the heavy mustang wheels on the car... So subtract 32+ lbs for when I'm using the TSW's.

I'll post some target weight info with info on other parts and their weights as well... Soon.

Last edited by MIKE_STR; 11-07-2013 at 09:32 AM.
MIKE_STR is offline   Reply With Quote