View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Yeah, it's an interesting choice of words...

I kinda see the twins as the "other MX-5" at this point. It's really a cone-dodger's car rather than a re-affirmation of youth, masculinity, power, and excitement. That's definitely more like Corvette territory.

Also, at least in the US, it's a very youth targeted car -- especially the FR-S.

Anyway, very curious to learn what the new competition from Nissan will be...
I think you nailed it with that "cone dodger-youth target". For the performance thats exactly what it is. And its good and fun!! Seeing it Sebring changed my view of it. Again, that being said, I think a $22-$24K OTD is a more acceptable price point. Im curious to see what Nissan brings to the table. The older I get the more $ i have (Thank God), I might be in the market for a Cayman S in two years. Then again, I wouldnt mind sticking with Nissan if they could offer Porsche performance for a 1/3 the price (albeit 1/10 the refinement).
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote