View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #645 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_G View Post
Rocking is a funny way of saying blatantly copying / stealing... but whatever..

I personally can't stand the replica **** on this forum. But I guess if replica parts are good enough for someone, no amount of calling people out on it is going to change their mind. Taking pride in your build and supporting original designs seems to be a lost art lately..

Funny that I see posts in the Sema thread with people complaining that probably nothing new is coming out for our cars.. Hmm wonder why that would be? Why should any company design new parts for our car when some hack company will just make a copy of it.
It is called competition and free market. Why shouldn't someone else say "hey, that kit is ridiculously expensive and we can still profit off it by selling it for half the cost!" ALL companies do this. It just so happens that we own cars that aren't exactly selling like civics or the FRS. Therefore, only a handful of people will ever buy it. Costs go up because they are still trying to pay for the R&D. However, if they were smart, they'd sell it for a bit less and take a loss right away and pay off the development costs to keep anyone from trying to undercut their sales.

In my mind, P.A. did it to themselves. So has half these other companies. If they want to make some money off us, they have to be competitive. When competition lacks and no one is buying, companies quit making parts. And then we sit here and complain. But seriously, how many people are going to spend equal to the value of their car on aero and go-fast parts or just aero alone? Not I.

Back to the pictures...
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote