View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I don't want to be the guy arguing semantics, but we're talking about two different things. You're correct, the FMIC doesn't materially effect the boost threshold of the turbo. I was talking about lag during changes in throttle position. At least for me, there was a noticable increase in the time it took for there to be positive pressure in the manifold from having to pressurize an additional eight feet of pipe. Granted, I was still running the OEM VF39 and those don't exactly move a lot of air.
I was referring to lag. If full boost can be achieved well below 4000rpm, the turbo is effective at filling the FMIC without seeing any negative effect. Again though it depends on the turbos size. I'm not sure how small the vf39 was but the 09 and 08 WRX/STI get about 38 lbs/min turbos in the vf52 and vf48.