View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Elan
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
it could be the metal spacer that sits right under the knob. its got a bevel on the inside to mate with the tapered part of the shaft.

if you can remove the knob, then i would put a washer (or maybe even a rubber grommet) on top of that spacer and re-tighten your knob. that might take care of it.

the stock knob and be a royal pita to remove...
But the interesting part is that it doesn't rattle down there. It only happens at the very top of the shifter. When I push down slightly on the flexible leather top, it stops. I don't even touch the shifter assembly. I don't understand how a metal spacer at the bottom affects the very top of the shifter where the rattle comes from. I'm going crazy kenchan. The men in white will come soon. I know it.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote