View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

So for a long time, I've had a rattle / buzz at certain RPMs (2500-2700). Quite annoying. I was pretty sure it was coming from the hatch area.

Last week, I trashed my Stillen spoiler. Few days ago, got under the car to remove the remnants. It was thru-bolted so I had to remove the undertray. Took everything off, removed what was left of the spoiler and put it all back together. Now there's no buzz!

Though I didn't do this fix, I'm thinking that the buzz was coming from the undertray and just echoing so it sounded like it was coming from the rear. Maybe one of the clips wasn't in super tight or I just tweaked it in a way that stopped it from rattling. We'll see...

I'da bet anything that the noise was from the rear, but I guess it was just finding channels & echoing off the hatch.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote