View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto those two above.

Yes... you can get bass from a good solid midrange in a good sealed and damped door with a decent amount of power. Matter of fact, I ran Anarchy 6.5s/7s in my doors in the Tahoe, and after SEVERAL rebuilds and a TON of money put into labor and materials, I got pretty dang close to the sound I was looking for - sheet metal and extruded butyl rope for sealing doors up, viscoelastic mat for damping and mass-loaded vinyl and closed-cell foam for barrier and rattle treatment. Eventually made fiberglass in-door enclosures for them. Solid, up-front bass, and could hammer pretty nicely down to 50, maybe 40Hz.

But for real, authoritative sub-bass, you're just going to HAVE to have a dedicated subwoofer. And how much is considered "enough" is so subjective, it's really not a conversation to have online... in-person listening is the only realistic option.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote