View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Over 30 and still single, post here.

Turning 32 in a couple of days, and I've been single for the past couple of years. After my last relationship, I haven't really put much effort trying to look for someone or start a relationship with anyone. I've had a few dates, but the connection wasn't there. I'd run into my ex from time to time, and as we talk the connection is still there. We can talk about anything with no awkwardness. It's just weird, but she tells me it isn't. I wouldn't be able to do that with any of my other exes. Ok, let's put her aside.

My encounters so far for the past 2 years: single moms (as young as 20!), girls who barely moved to the U.S, and ones who vow to NEVER date Asians. I have zero experience raising a child, so it's difficult for me to relate to a single mother. As for girls who barely learned English or how to drive, they're a little bit too far behind for me. They're a bit aggressive, too, because some of the ones I encountered pretty much need a sponsor for permanent residence. Then I've met several Asian girls who never date Asian guys. My ex even gave up dating Asians after enduring a nightmarish relationship with the guy she left me for. She hasn't had any better relationships with non-Asians either (kicked to the curb after 3 months, screwed after a week, etc.) Ours lasted almost 3 years.

So I'm told not to be so picky and to lower my standards. My standard is fairly simple. I'm not looking for a super model girlfriend. Lookswise, cute is one thing since I have eyes. Why else would I settle for a 370Z? Haha. But her outgoing personality would make her even more attractive. I'm told to find a "nice" girl. Sure, but that's just boring because I'm already a "nice" guy to begin with. That's why I tend to go for the slightly feisty girls with a bit more outgoing personality so that it can balance my life. Oh, then there's the pressure about finding someone and getting married soon...

Maybe it's just not my time yet. Chime in or haha.