View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
boomboom
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISSAN 370Z
boomboom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
It looks a lot nicer then the stock ones. As far as functionality I think some cotton cloth electrical tape would be more effective and cheaper. Aluminium is a conductor not an insulator (like the stock plastic), so I think it would just evenly spread a point of heat contact along the length of your cable. If it were me I would tape it up then cover it for the clean look.

I did tape all the wires before putting the covo on but looks like its safer than u think when talking about being a conducter:

Provides protection of hoses and wires in heated environments up to 1000°FTests have shown that ConvoSheild will provide some degree of static dissipation & RFI shieldingProvides thermal protectionCableTiesAndMore offers you the ConvoShield AL Aluminized Slit Tubing; a cost-effective and a practical way of protecting cables and wires from heat and high-temperature environments. ConvoShield Aluminized split wire loom was primarily designed to provide thermal protection for components that are highly exposed to heat. Designed by Bentley Harris, this product was tested and approved to provide some degree of static dissipation, RFI shielding and can withstand heated environments up to 1000°F.*One of the most annoying and time-consuming problems that people encounter nowadays are automobile wiring defects and breakdowns. Especially for busy working people, car problems are a nightmare because it disrupts all plans and scheduled task for the day. Likewise, some industries that use heat engine compartments encounter the same problems and delays in manufacturing just because of wire and cable breakdowns. This chrome finished ConvoShield is resistant to automotive fluids, classed as insulative against 12-volt battery currents, and very easy to install with its lengthwise slit. This product is being used and has been very popular to car owners, automobile industries and other manufacturing companies. Available in sizes of 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”, and 3/4”, with a standard length of*37.40”.
boomboom is offline   Reply With Quote