View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #61 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
I remember reading about this a while back. Wouldn't the leaning-out effect be negated by a tune? The folks that posted before/after dynos showed gains from the G3 intake even after the A/F was corrected with Uprev if I remember correctly.
well with a tune, you rescale the MAF so it accounts for the extra air but you can also add some timing where the stock tune wouldnt have before and you can keep AFRs more consistent under WOT

the stillen intakes make much less power(closer 9whp) with a tune after everything but if you are talking about your only mod, its gonna make all that power because its being leaned out mechanically

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
Lol the stillen doesn't trick the ecu, AEM does with the electric box they give you which is garbage. Doesn't matter the filter or the pipe size with the stillen, the MAF sees what it sees, period. The stillen isn't bigger or that really matters say you said 0.04" is nothing. Both are 2.5" OD, just depends how thick the material is which will change the ID but not enough to measure MAF scale or HP wise.

I agree with it does help coming from a certain point and not with it doesn't matter. If it didn't matter than having the radiator running in the summer would produce the same temps as in the winter. We're only talking about 20-40 degrees maybe difference but you can see big temp swings. Keeping the compressor housings as cool as possible will increase results. A cai even in a turbo car will be better than a sri in the engine bay.
the stillen does trick the computer, just not to the extent other intakes do, the stillen is 2.5in intake tubes with a taper down section to 2.38in(or something like that) also i never said AEM intakes were good, just that it didnt fool the MAF mechanically like the other intakes(it does it like SAFC did back in the day), plus i hear good things about the AEM intake, and with it being 2.75in straight through, you always get better flow than an intake that tapers down at the maf section

also i dont know where you are going with the radiator thing, but a cold air intake on a turbo might help the turbo produce 1psi more, if you're lucky

if you were shooting for the highest HP number on the dyno, a CAI on a turbo car might get you there, but for the most part its a waste of money, you'll get more power from an intercooler swap than you would a CAI

Last edited by luigi90210; 11-03-2013 at 01:13 PM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote