View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
GrooveStyle
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z GM 6MT
GrooveStyle will become famous soon enough
Default Intel. key light on - TPMS Blinks

Was wiring up new Defi Red Racer gauges for the triple gauge cluster. The idea was to wire it to the circuit that originally went to the triple gauges. The racer gauges are only supposed to draw .12 Amps each, and I figure that since the circuit has a 10 amp fuse, I should be ok.

Well anyway, I connected the first one on its own to just test out the setup, and the soldered wires crossed, blowing my meter fuse and audio fuse.... Stupid I know...

I replaced those and the car starts ok, lights come on, gauges light up, but as soon as I open the door to get in and start the car, the intelligent key light is on. It remains on after I start up the car (or put it into "on" mode without starting), and the TPMS light then blinks. I've been going through the FSM, but haven't found anything yet. Any ideas? I'm assuming the blinking TPMS and the key light mean something for diagnostics... I have to hold down the ignition switch or double tap it to get it to shut the car off, but it eventually does.

I read Mitco39's thread about his issue, but his problem seemed a little different, and I see he was using PLX gauges, not sure if that makes a difference, though.
GrooveStyle is offline   Reply With Quote