View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #27 (permalink)
ZBro16
Enthusiast Member

Drives: A Z.
ZBro16 will become famous soon enoughZBro16 will become famous soon enough

Alright, I've had enough of this with you. I can play this disclosure/buyer beware game too.

Let's start this from the beginning.

I post a completely legitimate sale thread, which I have done a few times before, selling an exhaust. Dozier shows up, claiming to have ordered an FI exhaust. I notice his avatar says he is located around Birmingham, AL, and I mention that he would have an FI exhaust faster if he ditched his order and went with me, and I could meet him around Cullman. He claims he is interested and goes through the process of finding someone to take his original order.

This is his first PM to me on 10/31/2013 at 5:14PM local time:
Quote:
Any way you would be willing to make a quality sound clip / video of the exhaust? Also, did you put it on yourself? Or did someone do it for you? I am wondering where to put it on at. Thinking I will do it myself I guess. Also since there is no shipping involved and your price was 1300 obo shipped. What is your bottom dollar for a local sale?
I found it odd that he wanted a video of my exhaust considering he had apparently already decided to purchase an FI exhaust anyway.

I replied the following at 5:45PM:
Quote:
There are plenty of YouTube videos out there man. Since it was going to cost me $100 to ship I can do 1200 for you. That's a deal for one barely used and not having to wait.

I installed it myself in my garage. If you can find a lift that will be optimal, but I was able to squirt underneath the car with it backed up onto my oil change ramps.
He replies this on 11/1/2013 at 4:14PM:
Quote:
I got my money refunded from fast intentions. I am looking to pick up your exhaust. You can go ahead and mark it as pending. When can we meet up so I can check it out? I'm also waiting on that video so I can see how it sounds. Do you happen to need an exhaust? I have my factory Nismo exhaust on my car still. Maybe we can switch and you can cut me a break on some money.
At this point, he has still literally committed to NOTHING. He hasn't agreed to a price, is waiting on a video that I said I did not have, and is now trying to trade me an item I do not want. Also note, in my original post, I mention that I already have my factory exhaust.

I reply at 4:43PM:
Quote:
Exhaust is already off the car homie. Fast intentions has a YouTube video on their site. I don't really have anything to capture video with either.

I have my factory exhaust so I'm set. I am sadly trading the Z soon so I don't need anything else for it.

Let me know what you want to do.
Now, he sends me another message at 4:54PM:
Quote:
I want the exhaust. However I do not own a truck and I will not be able to meet to pick it up. Do you have a vehicle that you can bring it to me in? What is your bottom dollar on it locally? This way I can save on shipping cost as well.
Notice how at this point, there is not a single consistent story with any of these messages besides the fact that he wants the exhaust. I am VERY impatient at this point.

I reply to him at 5:15PM:
Quote:
If I have to drive it to Birmingham from Huntsville, I am only meeting in a public place and it will be $1200. That's as low as I'm going. That's a two hour drive from where I live.
He responds at 5:23PM:
Quote:
I could do that. You can bring it to my house though. I'm a cop. No worries. If you like I can give my agency and badge number.
I did not reply to this message as I was out to dinner and didn't feel like spending anymore time on my phone. He replies again at 6:52PM with his address, which I will not disclose for privacy reasons.

Any of these transactions I have ever done via this forum (FOUR to be exact, both buying and selling), I have met the buyer or seller in a public place (gSwift I met at Hooters for his rear valence overlays, for example). There is equal risk to the buyer and seller this way. I don't know very many people on this forum personally, and I'm sure as **** not meeting some dude with 30 posts and a "370Z coming soon" in the middle of the woods with a $1500 car part. I eventually respond at 7:59PM with this -

Quote:
I'm not coming to your residence man. Sorry.

I will ship it to you if you are still interested. And I will do it for $1250. And I will ship upon receipt of a paypal payment to my account if you are still interested.
At 8:58PM, he responds with this:
Quote:
Okay. I can meet you at a gas station close by my house.
I do not immediately respond as I'm at a hockey game by this point, and I get this message at 9:00PM:

Quote:
How old are you? It doesn't make sense for you to not just bring it to my house. I told you I do not have a truck. I am a police officer. I do not see the big deal. Do you want to sell the exhaust or not?
At this point I've lost all patience and don't want to deal with this guy anymore. It doesn't matter how ******* old I am. I have terms of sale and I'm not just going to openly trust someone who claims to be a police officer. As a police officer, he should understand that ****.

I reply to him at 9:08PM:
Quote:
Get bent bro. It doesn't matter how old I am. If I don't feel comfortable delivering a car exhaust to a private residence, then I don't feel comfortable. There is plenty of crap that goes on with private sales via Craigslist etc. If you were truly a police officer, you would understand that. And quite frankly, I don't care if you're Jesus Christ. If I were you, I would call Tony back at FI. I have four other people that are waiting in line. Good luck with your exhaust purchase.
So there is your full disclosure. This dude was difficult as **** to deal with the entire time I had open communication with him and I had enough.

Anyone else on this forum viewing this thread: we have seen people on here before do things that we were pretty skeptical of. I realize everyone needs to start somewhere, but at a first glance, you have a dude with 30 posts and a mythical 370Z going all "buyer beware" on a guy who has been on this forum for two years and has had many successful sales transactions during that time. The entire time I was communicating with him, the story would change or some other little variable would be introduced. Then he starts to degrade me after I offer the option of just shipping him the damn thing, and he's all bent out of shape.

I'm not UPS dude. I'm not a vendor either. And I'm sure as hell not going to someone's private residence who I don't even know to take a risk on a sale WHICH WE COULD NEVER EVEN AGREE ON IN THE FIRST PLACE.

There you have it, forumers. Decide for yourself now that you have both sides of the story.