View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Willis, I am very concerned and confused by your recent post. After we spoke last week you had informed me that the car was running rich. Because you frequently use your car on the track you had mentioned that you were thinking of having it custom tuned so that the car was going to be setup for your environment, your fuel, and your uses. Even though at this time we did not have any information as to why the car may be running rich, and at this point you had received the tuned kit you had purchased, I offered to give you a full refund on the tuning portion if you could send us back the cable and license.

What we found out later when the car was with your tuner is that the car ran exactly the same way whether you were using our canned tune, or the tune that they had developed for you. The car would run great for 7 or 8 minutes, then all of a sudden the air/fuel ratios would wildly fluctuate. Your tuner agreed that there was nothing wrong with our tune or his, there must have been something with the installation. Agreeing with your tuner we suggested to check the following items:

Double check the wiring
clean the MAF sensors
double check the cooling system to make sure there wasn't an air pocket.
They then asked for you to call them after this had been done.

That was on the 30th and we have not heard anything until this post.

We would like to see you enjoying your car and would like to assist in identifying what the problem is. If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 800-576-2131. My direct extension is 173.
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote