View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
GDamn Muelen!.. That looks very clean. So you didnt need extra sensors to read Boost? Does it display oil pressure? AIT's?

Did your Ipad just sit in like that or did you make some sort of mold for it? How does the OBD2 reader hook up to the Ipad? Special adapter?

Can I possibly ask you anymore questions?..Lol.
lol....it reads off the ECU. I just bought a cheap ELM OBD2 wi-fi reader that plugs into the diagnostic port. If I had turbo I would probably spend some extra cash and get a better reader, maybe even look into using a bluetooth reader. The ipad connects via wi-fi/bluetooth. I'd have do some research to make sure it reads everything you need, but you can find out more here
DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc. for this specific app.

The ipad install took a little more than an hour. Literally, all I did was take the part of the dash off that contains the cubby and epoxy 4 earth magnets behind it. Then bought a cheap ipad case and put 4 magnets on that which lined up to the ones behind the dash. The ipad clicks in and out of place with the magnets.

You can PM me or ask whatever you'd like! I was actually thinking about doing a diy on this, but there didn't seem to be much interest.