View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples View Post
Correct... I've ran header / exhaust wrap in the past without a single issue. It has helped tremendously with rasp on my older exhaust set up. If you wrap and tie strap it properly, you're not going to have problems with corrosion for year round driving.

If I had one complaint at all, it would be that the newer wraps that don't require the spray coating has a tendency to fray on the ends. This can be a b*tch when installing it and getting a tight wrap around the exhaust. I did have to check ever so often under the car to make sure the ends weren't splitting.
A hose clamp or SS wire wrapped or pinching the ends won't let it fray. My first pic shows the SS worm clamp at the ends holding the wrap down.