Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 07:39 PM   #2338 (permalink)
ZKraken22
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z 7AT
ZKraken22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chhawk View Post
This. Look at the way the youth has clung to the Subi twins. The car has to be affordable. At $30k for base, it's tough for the younger generation to get into a Z. The Z33 is just now to a point where it's affordable on the used market.

I love the GTR, but for the price of a used, higher-mileage one, I can build a super clean, low-mileage boosted Z that puts down better numbers without the maintenance costs that make me feel guilty about driving it.

I'm just gonna leave this here:
This time next year the GTR depreciation will fall a lot. the Nismo GTR will be out and we will be months away from the R36. I will be able to pick up a used GTR for about $45K to $50K with a $20K down payment. I'm looking at a $30K GTR W/ my down payment. I don't consider 35,000 miles a lot of miles for a GTR. Now I have not seen a FI Z come close to beating a GTR even FI TT 370z that traps 127 MPH didn't beat that tuned GTR. jus think if it faced a Full bolt on GTR. I'll take a bolt on GTR making 600 any day. Yes it cost more but not that much more. When your done with your build im sure your gonna be looking at 15K+ with out a built engine. The maintenance for the GTR is blown out of proportion and I can use the car as a DD and year around.

Plans for my GTR? take the car to Jacks in Colorado Springs for his $11,400 package. That includes his Drag 800 trans and the engine build with R&R labor, I-beam rods, pistons, head bolts, balance, bearings, gasket set and cleaning. So basically you drive the car in and then pick it up with a built engine and trans $11,400 later. The bottom end can hold 1300-1400hp without issue. trains would be the limitations so i'd keep the car sticking to the 800-900hp range. The Drag 800 trans holds 700 TQ. Then use the SBD850 Package for $10,295 that includes SBD850 Turbos, SBD FMIC Upgrade, SBD 64mm Turbo Inlets, TurboSmart Kompact BOV Upgrade, 90mm SBD Race Spec Exhaust, 90mm SBD Race Spec Midpipe, 76mm SBD Cast Downpipes, 1150cc SIR Injectors, SBD 290lph Fuel Pumps, SBD 3" Intakes with K&N Filters, ECUTek E-Tune by John Visconti

$21,695 later id have a GTR making at least 800 HP Trap over 150 MPH running 9's with my eyes closed.

If you want that set up in a Z well your gonna spend $45K
GTM VQ37VHR 800HP TWIN TURBO PACKAGE-M/T-GTR KILLER is 45K and that's not even 800 to the wheels!!

So even if I spend $50K on a GTR and another $22K ( ill round up) on mods I have a faster car that's rare and sexy and still come out cheaper.

I'm sure we have all paid at least 30K for our Z So add 45K for that GTM package and your at $75K.

FI 370z's cant even beat NA 5.0's im talking cams and heads and all!! Which they make near 480 to the wheels. Love FI Z's and love to see everyone doing it but not me

Last edited by ZKraken22; 10-30-2013 at 07:43 PM.
ZKraken22 is offline   Reply With Quote