View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
My daily driver... I am at about -2.2 in the front and it ruined my Yoko ad08 in about 1000-1500 miles with inside feathering. Toe is on the straighter end of spec. Checked alignment twice. Flipped the tires over, and it did it again. Having never had such a problem like that with my 350 or other tires on the 370, I am left with a lesson that some tire designs cannot handle camber with mileage? I'm not sure what else to think of it. But by 2000 miles the car was unbearable to drive, literally sounded like an off-road truck going down the highway.

When I flipped the tires over for round 2, I even replaced the wheel bearings. Examined ball joints and tie rod ends for any play, found nothing. Only thing I didn't check was the control arm bushings. After both sides of the tires were ruined, I installed some used Toyos off a friends 350z... So far no feathering.
Yeah might be a tire specific thing, cause I DD on -3.2 up front and drive a lot with my 370 and my wear isn't that fast wearing. I've never been a ad08 fan for a lot of reasons. Now I got another one lol.
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote