View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inseighn View Post
Thanks! Will definitely look into it. Quick question... How do you know what the correct speed is? And how do you control it all? Like.. What controls what? Sorry.. Like I said I'm new. I know somewhat how things work but am still learning.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Basically, your leg needs to learn at which point the clutch engages. The speed of the car is irrelevant, you need to look at the engine speed (rpm's on the tach). Keep it under red line and you'll be fine. Normal shifts should be between 3500 and 4500 rpm's depending on how you want to drive. Obviously you can shift to 7000rpms if you're driving crazy aggressive. The 1st to 2nd shift is always tricky. That's where muscle memory comes in. After some practice, you'll know where the clutch engages. You can ease the clutch in without damaging the clutch. You don't have to let it drop quickly at each shift...if that makes any sense.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote