View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #3034 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering... trying to do a lot of research, and don't want to start a new thread with something that is stupidly basic or already covered.

Currently I have Stillen HFCs, Motordyne XYZ pipe and Stillen CBE (all this terminology is new to me). I like the sound of the exhaust at idle, low-to-moderate acceleration, but when I really get on it, it seems VERY raspy to me. Maybe I'm unrealistic in expecting with a good amount of exhaust work that should have been taken care of?

I ran over a curb the first day I got the car (4 months ago) and was worried I might have damaged something, so i got it on a lift today and looked everything over. No obvious damage to any of the exhaust components, and they all look good. So I'm wondering what I can do to get rid of the rasp, but maintain a strong, low rumble. I hate the "bumblebee" sound you hear from some riceburners. What I have now is definitely lower, but still has an annoying rasp at high output.

I am considering buying a set of Fast Intentions LTHs. My ASSUMPTION is that the LTH will replace both my HFC and XYZ pipe? Then I can mount the Stillen CBE and see how it sounds, maybe swap out to something else later if I like?

Like I said, please be patient with me, all this exhaust and suspension stuff is brand new to me, and I am reading my arse off trying to learn, but the sheer volume of info here, while incredibly helpful, is also exhausting. But I'm learning a lot!

Thanks for any help you guys might be able to offer me!

Last edited by tRidiot; 10-30-2013 at 12:41 AM.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote