View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #61 (permalink)
Apollo8642
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Nismo #280
Apollo8642 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
And thanks, didn't know what I needed to do for a track day. Unlike you
though I have enough intelligence before I get on the track to read other peoples issues with this particular car and correct them before hand. Hence the suspension upgrades, tires, oil cooler, diff cooler, racing seat, roll cage, brake duct cooling lines etc etc. I have plenty of track time, probably more than you. I'm not getting on a track where I know my skill will out do the car. I'm not driving with over heated brakes, cooking my diff or engine oil, not rolling the car if pushed to hard and getting flopped around in the car in a OEM seat and seatbelt. So before you tell me how to get on a track and man up realize I've probably raced longer and more than you. And since I can see you made some bad choices by only installing a oil cooler and running horrible tire sizes twice! Trust me, I won't be taking your advice about track days.
This guy really make his own life difficult doesn't he.

You get on here arguing semantics with people that clearly know more about this topic. I specially think this is really funny sense you write on your first post "I haven't been on a track yet but "canyon" running (in ohio we have crazy hills) the car felt ok with 255/285 tires, stock alignment (which in the rules of alignment are horrible) and a Whiteline front bar set to full stiff." then claim to have a track experience, on top of that then try to bash me for my setup. So you're either a pathetic liar, cause you seem to be contradicting yourself a lot, or your just another internet forum idiot, that spends more time on the forums then driving his uumm.. leased car, or both.

You also said "I have plenty of track time, probably more than you." "I'm not getting on a track where I know my skill will out do the car." "I've probably raced longer and more than you" It's funny you say that cause you have no idea who I am, or my history in motorsport, and for you to make that assumption really shows that anthing you say has no real validity here. The more you talk the less people respect you, and what you have to say about any matter on this forum. Furthermore I would think someone that is as talented as a driver as you want people to think you are, could grasp the idea of what makes a good driver. That skill is not based on the performance level of the vehicle, but on the drivers skill level to be able to control that vehicle, and make it perform to the best of it's abilities. This is one of the most obnoxious thing I've heard you said so far "I'm not getting on a track where I know my skill will out do the car." This shows everyone how much full of sh1t you really are.

So some history on my Nismo. The first owner bought the car in 2009, he had an oil cooler put on it, and started racing from day one. The first time I drove the car was on a track. The only things that have happen to this car when it was in it's stock form and racing, was fuel starvation issues (still is an issue), I have boiled the clutch fuild once, and I have of course over heated brakes but who hasn't, but luckily never any glazing, or anything serious no real issue there. I've never had any of the other problems you listed. Never cooked my diff or engine oil, never rolled the car, and the Nismo seats are good enough for HPDE's or club track days, and if the car was in full race trim it would be a whole nother matter.

Unlike you, I race my car. I don't read every little issue someone has, or trying to figure out the best setup of what my car needs. I'm out there figuring things out on my own for the most part, and I do all the work on my car. I could have easliy dropped $1000 on bars, and more renting out a skid pad for testing for a day. Thankfully on this forum I'm lucky to find like minded individuals that have real experience, that are willing to help out, and share their knowledge, and that saves me time, and money in this area.
You're getting into an argument about book intelligence over hands on experience with your comment "I have enough intelligence before I get on the track to read other peoples issues with this particular car and correct them before hand." I think it's more intelligent, and better in the long run to be able to run a car, figure out what it's lacking, and what changes it needs, then read it some place. I'll listen to any person's word that has the proven experience, then someone that read it in a book or website. Top with, I'm experiecing it all myself, and I have something to base what someone is saying, instead of taking it for face value, and maybe not understand what's going on fully.

Good day to you sir I said good day

Last edited by Apollo8642; 10-29-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Apollo8642 is offline   Reply With Quote