View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:08 PM   #972 (permalink)
travisjb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: VIR
travisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond reputetravisjb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratton View Post
I did a track weekend last weekend at Putnam Park, Indiana. In my third session on Sunday, I hit limp mode. Oil temps were at 262 or so; I have the stillen "street" cooler installed and run on 275 wide street tires on all four corners. Ambient temp was 70 degrees and I was driving very hard. The stock fluid in my clutch hydraulic system also boiled and changed the way my clutch pedal felt but the clutch still worked okay. I'll be upgrading this fluid to Motul RBF600 and that should fix the problem.
Please describe the 'limp mode'... I strongly suspect you had fuel starvation, if you were only at 262. Please read the fuel starvation thread. It hits even at 3/4 tank if you pull 1.0g for 3-4 seconds (always right hand turns). Some of us are looking into baffle cans that will go inside the fuel tank as remedy. Good idea on the RBF600, that's what I run. Yes, I'm accepting reps !
2009 370Z #104
*For Sale*