View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #58 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I can't say I noticed anything with the front bar. The car maybe oversteers a little more but that could just be me giving it more gas trying to oversteer or the horrible OEM alignment numbers and the body roll is still horrible. Again though the car feels ok taking sharp turns but not a lot of confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo8642 View Post
Sorry, but this thread is all about track experience. Hence the title of this thread. I want to know what bars people are running on the tracks, autoX, and what's working in the real world. I'm not really interested in someone's idea of what to run, or what they run in the mountains or the street.

You don't have to have a full custom gutted car to get on the track or race. My Nismo has a ton of track days on her, and all done in stock trim (plus big oil cooler) in her first 7500 miles of her life. So man up, head to the track, and get an education out there. You'll find people will start to give you less cr@p when your out there actually doing something more then playing forum racer.

For my reason behind my question why do I think I need sway bars. I'm looking for the car to stay flatter in the corners, and to push less in the front. For the time being I'm running V710's 275/40 in the front and 295/40 in the rear.
I've been eyeing bars for a long while now, but wanted to wait till my race season was over and start fresh when a new setup next year in a new class. I ran street tires (Nitto Invo's 265/30 and 305/30) in a race tire class till the last couple races when I got my hands on the V710's to finish out the season. I came in 4th over all, and missed 3rd place by one point in championship, under a Sti, and two corvettes.
It seems like every bar that is out there is different, and everyone seems to be running something a little different. With help from a few of you on here, and your inputs, it gives me a good base where to start. I might need to buy a couple sets of bars, but the truth of what works for me will be found out on the skid pad.
Never told you to get a WL and I told you what others have done in autox. I simply stated I don't think I felt a damn thing from just the WL install, read my first post. My next posts were only questioning what someone said and what I thought about 1 other bar out there and we made our peace.

And thanks, didn't know what I needed to do for a track day. Unlike you though I have enough intelligence before I get on the track to read other peoples issues with this particular car and correct them before hand. Hence the suspension upgrades, tires, oil cooler, diff cooler, racing seat, roll cage, brake duct cooling lines etc etc. I have plenty of track time, probably more than you. I'm not getting on a track where I know my skill will out do the car. I'm not driving with over heated brakes, cooking my diff or engine oil, not rolling the car if pushed to hard and getting flopped around in the car in a OEM seat and seatbelt. So before you tell me how to get on a track and man up realize I've probably raced longer and more than you. And since I can see you made some bad choices by only installing a oil cooler and running horrible tire sizes twice! Trust me, I won't be taking your advice about track days.

Last edited by synolimit; 10-29-2013 at 01:17 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote