View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUTurboTiger View Post
This started on my car at 8000 miles after 6 months of ownership, and it gets worse the longer it goes on.

Its not the fuel pump or the transmission, its the ECU. Apparently the G37 has the problem too and Nissan/Infiniity does not seem very motivated to fix the issue.

There have been several threads on the subject on this board, search "high pitch" and you will find them. heres one:

High pitch noise coming from passenger side

If you turn your head to the left to look out the mirror, you hear it in your right ear. The noise is easily heard over AM talk radio, but most FM will drown it out. However if you listen to AM or if you turn the radio off you will hear the noise for an hour or two after leaving the car.

I am taking my car to the dealer next week and demanding they fix it, if they don't I am going to a lemon law attorney. My main problem with it is 1) it shouldn't be happening and 2) its getting worse.

YES YES YES!! Tiger is right! His technique is exactly right! You can really hear it especially loudly when you look left. Your ears do ring for quite awhile when getting out of the car. That can't be good. I love this car except for that problem. I have an '09 Infiniti FX35 that doesn't make that noise. I bought my car in Feb. I don't feel like walking outside to check my exact build date. I would think it was buit in late Fall of '08.
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote