View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
tRidiot
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z Sport
tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

My suggestion is yes, get rid of the factory stereo. Just too many options at so many price points in the aftermarket world to me to justify keeping the aftermarket unit.

Keeping steering wheel controls is not a difficult proposition with an aftermarket... I like Axxess ASWC, although there are several other units out there that work as well.

For a basic system, running a component set with a 4-channel amp off a modest aftermarket headunit will be good enough for most folks, although I would guess you will want something to fill out the low end in that eventuality. Getting away for $1000-1500 should not be too difficult to attain most of that, especially if you are willing to do some of the work yourself.
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote