View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
tWeEzY
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
tWeEzY is on a distinguished road
Default DIY: relo aftermarket bluetooth mic

I've heard complaints from the wife that it was difficult to hear when using the mic attached at the pillar. I've read threads here and it seems to be hit or miss. I've always pondered placing the mic in the same location as seen in the touring model.

Today as i put in my double din & auto dim mirror i decided to attempt this feat. Its not really a DIY but more a FYI to let y'all know its possible. I'm too tired from working on the car all day to add arrows and diagrams. In the next couple of days i'll edit the pics so its more self explanatory. Don't be afraid to pm w/ any questions. From testing it out, it seems to work good although i haven't tried it with auto climate on full blast.

The beginning is just like how you change the lens to add led or gtr clear lens. Next you just squeeze the pinch points and the whole piece comes out. Only difficulty is unplugging the harness because there is minimal play with the short wire. To feed the wire to the windshield, pull down from the opening of the lights until the two clips release. I found it also easier if you unclip the sun visor hook.

I ended up using the holes on the passenger side because with the Kenwood mic i couldn't pivot it the way I wanted unlike the pioneer mics. I didn't need to secure it or anything.