View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about
Default road course driving is not my specialty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The stock ones will probably break at some point.
I live in upstate N.Y. There are many lightly traveled country roads here. I used to, since I'm "special" "slightly touched in the head" do some very "spirited" driving.
The first thing I noticed when going fast on curvy roads was my car leaning to it's limits then the tires started to scream. For those not familiar with that scream, it's like when you're with a girl and, never mind.

My biggest fear was the tires losing their grip or the rubber/tire slipping off the wheel. I think stiff sway bars would be a must for drifting. I think if my car didn't lean so much, I probably would have drifted into a tree.

Now I'm a big believer in parts matching each other/working together. That post^^^^^^ you just posted helps me explain. Again, this is not my expertise, but I think just like a high performance camshafts can make you lose H.P. without matching H.D spring, & or upgraded exhaust, tune, gas, etc. etc. I think heavy duty sway bars need more stuff to be affective. Of course they may help in a right turn that you calls for 10mph & you make it at 15mph

I'm open to listen & learn from you and more from people with road track experience.
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote