View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tigger
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Awedeeeeee
Tigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond reputeTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scraping sound when not scraping

So we all know what it sounds like when the little plastic pieces that hang down scrape the road. I'm getting that sound even when I hit little itty-bitty dips in the road that only cause the suspension to rebound less than an inch. It feels like something is hanging down like the cover underneath and it is catching every bump. But when I look under the car... nothing. I checked the sway bar in the front to see if anything was loose. No evidence that was the problem. The rear sway bar appears to be fine. No other suspension mods were done. No exhaust mods. No wheels. No spacers. No springs. Nothing.

So what on earth could cause me to hear and feel the scraping under my feet? It is much more pronounced with a passenger. But I went for a long drive yesterday with a passenger and didn't hear it very much at all. But then today I hit a smooth dip in the road and it sounded like I bottomed out when before this was never a problem.

Is this the sound of a blown shock? Because I've been having a problem with the front left one making a swishing sound over some heavier bumps where the shock unloads too much. But this sounds like it is coming from directly underneath the car or maybe as far over to the right side. Unfortunately my hearing isn't good out of my right ear so its a pain to locate the source.

Any ideas? I'll be taking it to the dealer tomorrow if I can't figure out a way to correct the issue myself. But I'd really like some opinions here first so maybe I'll have some ammo when the dealer comes back and tells me everything checks out.

Thanks in advance for useful responses!
Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote