View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
skidad62
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
skidad62 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
What does "track certified to 9.99" mean? I mean, I get that that's a quarter-mile time, does that mean rules set by ... NHRA, or? In any case, I'm willing to stand corrected on the "rules-legal" if some drag-racing body accepts these. I don't know of any major *road* -racing outfit that this would pass tech for, though, and by design it's obviously not as safe as a real cage.
I was using mine for drag racing and yes it's NHRA certified. You need to go to a 10 point cage quicker than 10.0. They do sell an extension package to go full 10 point cage and certify to 8.50

^ when you make statements like above - I'm always interested in real world experiences... do you have a full cage and track experiences with tech? My RPM cage was top drawer - and our drag racing tech inspectors loved it (as long as I stayed in the 10s lol.

It is a 'real cage' and I would trust their welds compared to most other cages - many come pre bent - then you have to cut and weld them in - that's where quality can fail and inspections can be blown. RPM is prewelded and painted - ready for sandwich bolt in through the floor plates.

If their cages fail a tech inspection for NHRA or SCCA they will buy it back from you.

Their quote -

"NHRA/SCCA legal to 10.0 to 11.49, with extensions kit available
to be legal to 8.50.
NHRA/SCCA legal door swing out
NHRA/SCCA bolt in seat belt mounts included
CAD engineered and precision welded
Manufactured chassis tag including date and serial for each roll bar
Completely removable and 100% welded
Improves your ET by making your chassis more rigid
Engineered with light weight, chromoly structural tubing
Factory seat remains fully adjustable
Aesthetically engineered to follow factory car design
Mandrel Bent tubing"

I also had their optional 5 point seat harness mounting kit - bolts through the floor in 3 places to secure the 2 lap belts and the submarine strap. Very well designed too.

2010 370Z Black Cherry Roadster Touring Sport
2003 Mustang Vortech YSI 640 rwhp - sold but not forgotten

Last edited by skidad62; 10-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.
skidad62 is offline   Reply With Quote