View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
tatooandy67
Base Member

Drives: 10 370z GT coupe M6
tatooandy67 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Where abouts in the UK. I'm in the States but mum's family is all in England. I've always wondered what driving a performance car is like in the UK what with the differences in population density, speed cameras, etc.

I get to London a couple times a year since the 70s and have yet to drive there!
Hi, I'm in Birmingham, west midlands..........I completely agree the speed cameras are a PITA as is trying to drive 'expressively' in the city, however due to my location I can reach deserted country lanes within about 15 mins and then .....no speed cameras, no pedestrians, no traffic lights etc so the thrill of driving ones car as it is meant to be driven is readily available (of course I never break the local speed limits )....country lanes or B roads as we Brits call them are long, winding and sometimes challenging roads for the spirited driver quite often deserted for miles without a speed camera in sight, oh what joy to be had on the right day at the right time in the right car (obviously a zed is my vehicle of choice at the moment) spirited driving is still available without upsetting local law enforcement as long as you know where to find it, how about your side of the pond I bet there 's miles upon miles of unspoilt tarmac over in US

Last edited by tatooandy67; 10-25-2013 at 10:52 PM.
tatooandy67 is offline   Reply With Quote