View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #85 (permalink)
Mishimoto
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road

Derraj06,

We've made a number of changes to processes as a result of this experience.

1. We've implemented torque testing equipment into our inspection processes.
2. We've printed and included instruction cards that state that although we have torqued these to the correct spec, users should always do due diligence and ensure proper torquing prior to installation (as a safety precaution).
3. As stated, we've replaced our previous O-Ring supplier and now work with Parker.
4. We've integrated an immediate escalation process from CSRs to the production department for any new (undocumented) claims or claims involving critical components.

As you can see, we did take this very seriously. We certainly could have done a better job at conveying that and as importantly we could have done a much better job of trying to make it right with you. This is why I asked for someone to reach out to you to offer a gift card as compensation for this unfortunate event. Frankly, I'm a consumer as much as anyone else is. We try to make right on wrongs. We've offered similar compensation for people that have been inconvenienced but hadn't voiced their problem on the forum. Its one of the principles I run the business on.

As far as other people having opinions - they are certainly entitled to them. We've really stepped up our game over the last two years. We invested 1MM into a new engineering facility and aggressively developed our overseas quality control teams. While we don't make all of our parts in China (we manufacture in California and Texas as well), we do strictly control the parts that are made there. Our QC team are all college educated engineers with extensive automotive manufacturing experience and are direct employees of the business. I am confident that as we consistently develop unique, innovative, high-quality parts and focus on providing an enjoyable consumer experience that the small percentage of folks that may have had a poor experience in the past will be willing to give it another shot.

Again, my apologies for the experience you had with the product. There is nothing worse than having the excitement of installing a new part shot down with an incident as this.

Best,

Mike