Thread: 370z or nsx
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

As crazy as it sounds, I'd love to get an '02+ NSX over a GT-R as a non-daily driver even if it costs as much as a used one. Although the money spent modding the NSX would equate to or exceed the cost of a GT-R, the NSX chassis is great, and the looks never age. Plus, I don't care about tracking the car, so my requirements differ.

With a stock motor, I'd be plenty happy with 400-450 whp (stock block) with a turbo kit on the NSX. It is lighter than the Z and highly responsive. I don't think the NSX has any throttle lag issues either. It might not end up being as powerful as a GT-R, but at least I can enjoy the turbo whoosh and high response.

The NSX is more affordable to maintain than the GT-R, but parts are crazy expensive. The Z is probably the cheapest to maintain overall. [sigh]