Thread: 370z or nsx
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
TXSpeedDemon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 03 MSP, R8 v10
TXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond reputeTXSpeedDemon has a reputation beyond repute

I looked at the NSX but chose the Z for a few reasons. Mostly the power potential. With the NSX it just felt wrong pushing the motor to ungodly power levels. It's such an iconic car I wouldn't want to do much of anything to it. With the Z I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong by modifying the car.

Plus the Z was brand new so I knew I could get a few years worry free vs the unknown of a used NSX.

And finally the Z had some sentimental value since I remember the 84 300zx my dad had when I was young.

4 years later I'm married with a kid and don't do much modifying, plus only a 6 mile commute to work each day. I rarely drive dangerously and the Z doesn't hold much sentimental value to me any more - I'm probably gonna trade it in on something bigger once my wife gets pregnant again.

I would now consider something like the NSX just to have a classic that I love and could keep forever.

I think if you're past your racing days and just want something beautiful to cruise in you should keep the NSX. Unless you plan on seriously modifying the Z, tracking it or using it as a daily driver I don't see any benefit it has over the NSX.

If you do still want a Z and are in driving distance of Dallas or Houston send me a PM. Maybe we can work out a deal.
TXSpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote