View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #176 (permalink)
NickTurnon
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 BS 7AT 370z
NickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTurnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Good deal. A portfolio with 1/4 old companies with solid dividends, 1/4 small/mid cap growth with consistant eps growth and little debt, 1/4 index etfs (since you can't pick all the winners), 1/8 sector ETFs (make your bet on a whole sector, not a individual company) and 1/8 flat out speculative bets should be a solid outperformer for the long haul if you manage it well and take profits when appropriate and rebalance regularly, but may not keep up on a day to day basis.

I'm assuming you're a young guy with 30+ years of investing on the side while you work. If you're close to retirement, what I just suggested is too risky.
LOL Im 22, with 2 years of investing experience. Ill retire when I am dead