View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #171 (permalink)
NickTurnon
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 BS 7AT 370z
NickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTurnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meulen View Post
I agree, if that wasnt' fact I wouldn't have a job! lol ....my point is more that I wasn't sure he was understanding his own objectives.

Just an FYI, personally, I think this is a poor eps season to try and predict. Meaning, I don't think I would try to find companies that would beat or miss #'s. A lot of the estimates out there are stale this quarter. Analyst have been afraid to make many changes because of all the uncertainty with the gov't shutdown and no econ numbers. Releases will probably be eratic and pretty unpredictable. If you want to play some quick trades I would buy and sell companies that beat/miss respectively on the open and flatten positions out during the day.
Just like you stated, I wanted to try and build a portfolio with 80-90% of companies that I can hold on to for a long time and not have to worry about.

I was hoping for the rest 10% can be play money/"sexy" money.

Obviously based on what I have stated previously and my lack of knowledge, I am not a day trader by any means. Just following a successful grandpa's suggestions + your guys suggestions.