View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #169 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Ain't nothing wrong with that. Actually, buying and holding value that pays a dividend usually beats the day traders over time. There's just nothing sexy in that.
I agree, if that wasnt' fact I wouldn't have a job! lol ....my point is more that I wasn't sure he was understanding his own objectives.

Just an FYI, personally, I think this is a poor eps season to try and predict. Meaning, I don't think I would try to find companies that would beat or miss #'s. A lot of the estimates out there are stale this quarter. Analyst have been afraid to make many changes because of all the uncertainty with the gov't shutdown and no econ numbers. Releases will probably be eratic and pretty unpredictable. If you want to play some quick trades I would buy and sell companies that beat/miss respectively on the open and flatten positions out during the day.