View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
The Japanese crack me up. Seiko keeps their best optioned watches there, Nissan keeps the best optioned cars there. I don't know if its sales volume marketing or something more... cultural, but having lived there a few years (Okinawa) I always get a kick out of how they seem to keep the very best of what they manufacture in country.

Please don't flame me too hard for this ( I know you will anyway) but I feel like the Japanese marketing/export people figure the rest of the world is a bit too barbaric to appreciate the best they have to offer.

Many of the watches and knives and other high end Japanese products (Z anyone?) I buy are only available in japan, with only lower end versions available in the US market.

It is often necessary to go to Japan to buy the things I cannot get exported. (I do this now and then as I travel professionally)
That's true^^^^and they do it for good reasons.
As our population becomes more of a Walmart/Mcdonald/food stamp/welfare society, Japan & others are catering to that growing group. That's why Chinese products are dominating our markets. Making money/profit rules.
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote