View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Huck
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Pantydropper machine
Huck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond reputeHuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need the pro's advice before I purchase

Hey guys, I have been doing a lot of research on certain double din receivers and I wanted to ask a few questions before I purchase.

I'm looking at the Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS. I don't want to spend more than $550, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note III so I really don't need Nav, and I'm really only gonna be using it for Pandora, mp3's from the phone, and bluetooth calling. I looked at the Kenwood (I know Big supports them alot) but in the end the Pioneer had a few more features that I liked, little things like 8 band EQ and stuff. So here's my questions...

1) Can you guys think of a better receiver that's comparable to this one, and why is it better?

2) i've been told by Crutchfield that this unit is Android-friendly. Is this really the case?

3) What is the purpose of the "android cable kit" Pioneer CD-AH200C Adapter kit for Android phones and select Pioneer receivers at Crutchfield.com and is it really necessary? I've read that it allows you to use apps compatible with the unit, is that all it's for?

4) What is the best affordable rear view camera available for this unit? I need help backing up lol.

5) Is there anything else I should be researching or questions I should be asking before I purchase this for my car and my wife's?
VLEDS | Evo-R | Moddiction | CF Hood Struts | F.I. CF CBE & LTH | Stillen CAI | NST Pulleys | UpRev | Z1 | M7 | Status | Forgestar | PSS | Whiteline | SPL | SPC | Kenwood | Zenclosure | Kicker | Alpine Type R
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote