View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 08:44 AM   #46 (permalink)
ElVee
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnYu View Post
last night was pretty dark and i was talking on the phone didnt see there was a median separate the right left lane ,i just ran over it to the wrong way with my nismo and had to back up my car . so i scratch it twice ..........lucky thing is the bumper is fine ,no much damage ,but the exhaust sounds weird not as clearly as before and the clutch pedal not as hard as before too ,feel nothing when i step on it ,but it still works fine, if i take it to the dealership ask them to replace the whole exhaust and clutch pedal will they do that for free ?? if there is more problem found under the car will they fix it all for free or i have to be fully responsible for that !!! someone please tell me what to do ,,because i cant not speak english very well !! thanks guys !!!!!
1. Go to a mechanic and get them to inspect it to see what is wrong. Don't go in asking them to "replace the whole exhaust and clutch pedal," before you even know there's a problem. Get an estimate. I'd even ask the mechanic or service manager/advisor the question about whether you should pay it out-of-pocket or report it to insurance. Have a good idea that you want insurance to cover it before calling your insurance. Just calling them and asking could result in them opening a case on it and having that affect your standing with them.

2. You probably don't want to volunteer the information that you were on the phone when this happened. You'll just want to leave that out unless you're talking to your attorney or you're in court. And I'm not saying you should deny that you were on the phone, but rather just avoid the topic. If someone is curious enough and/or this goes to court, they'll just pull your phone records and catch you lying, and then you're in a world of hurt. And if you tell the mechanics or your friends that you were on the phone, and they wind up interviewed as well, they're not likely to lie for you.

3. Take responsibility for your mistake. It is rare that a single car accident is going to be truly blamed on someone else. You do have lights, eyes, and a car you can slow down while you turn...

4. Get off the damn phone when you're driving.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote