View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

I do believe "JDM" or made in Japan is better than Japanese products made in other countries.
Quick anecdote (attesting to why I think so): my statistics prof in college started the very first day of lecture with the concept of "variablity." To the point: the reason Japanese are dubbed the "masters of mass production" is because they control variability very well to say the least. U.S. manufacturers didn't do as well.

When I was in the Marines I spent a year in Japan. At McDonald's there, the teenagers who work there don't drag their feet nor give you a "I don't wanna be here" attitude. They are laboriously wiping done tables with ketchup stains, food droppings, etc. They DO NOT sit idle like American kids do.

Not to sound anti-patriotic about the U.S. (because I love my country): Americans need to learn something from the Japanese called "sedulous," "assiduous" and "alacrity" no matter how boring, unpromising the task at hand is. Americans have instant-gratification attitudes.

The downside to Japanese culture-->automaton-like, no personality. Hence their extreme efforts to demonstrate "uniqueness" via their wacky perceptions of hipness.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote