Thread: DRL Delete
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
SteveBad
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z 6 speed
SteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond reputeSteveBad has a reputation beyond repute
Default DRL Delete

Not for everyone, but I like it..... Decided to delete DRL on my '13, and replace with slots

Pic 1..... When wifey / GF leaves to go shopping, take a comforter and lay it out to save the fascia from scratches. Tape up the area shown for same reason.

I will not detail how to remove fascia, refer to other excellent "how to's" in this same DIY forum.

Pic 2..... Remove the DRL's ..(No, I'm NOT selling them!)

Pic 3.... Cut up metal gutter screening bought from big box hardware store. It's plastic-coated, and will never rust. Make a cardboard template as a pattern. Leave long "tabs" to secure screen to fascia interior. Use a quality tinsnips for this.

Pic 4.... Here you see the "tabs" I left, bent and finessed as necessary, and secured to the fascia with hot glue. I then used "JB Weld " to make sure the screen wasn't going anywhere.

After the JB sets, remount the fascia.

Pics 5 & 6...... Finished. The screens are really firmly secured. I think it looks much better. I intend to make them functional by mounting a 2-inch bezel in the inner wheelwell, aimed at the rotors. When you remove the fascia, you will see the baffles mounted inside which form a closed box. This would direct air entering the vent, and out the 2" bezel. This is effectively how the brake cooling works on C-5 Corvettes. (Yes, I had one, and have examined it.)

The only glitch to brake cooling functionality is the windshield wash reservoir on the passenger side, but I left it in place, and will devise a work-around.

Again, if you don't like this mod, no big deal. It's my car, my way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.JPG (137.0 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 002.JPG (86.8 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (149.7 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (112.2 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg 006.JPG (101.1 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (115.5 KB, 206 views)

Last edited by SteveBad; 10-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.
SteveBad is offline   Reply With Quote