View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #404 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

A fellow customer who I did a audio system for contacted me about getting his corvette winterized and cleaned up. We decided to just do the exterior and worry about getting a full 2 stage + interior done in the spring. This was my first time working with corvette clear and even with MF pads as well as an assortment of polishes to work with it was no easy task. I ended up switching between M101 and FG400 in the process, I added a stage 2 correction to the hood as it became very finicky too work with to get a proper correction with a one stage.

Products used:

Auto Finesse Lather
Auto Finesse Glass cleaner
Auto Finesse Citrus
Uber MF pads and orange pads
Meguiars M101
Menzerna FG400
Chemical Guys No nonsense cleaner
Chemical Guys tire gel
Chemical Guys Metal polish
Uber Towels
Wolfgang Fuzion wax

Cleaning wheels and soaking front bumper first

Paint inspection

Polishing time

Before polishing

After polishing

Sadly I didn't have my wet sanding supplies with me because this scratch would have been gone

2nd stage on the hood

Wax being taken off

After

Before

After

https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote