View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
2xtreme1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11' 370Z 7 A/T Sport
2xtreme1 is a jewel in the rough2xtreme1 is a jewel in the rough2xtreme1 is a jewel in the rough
Default something stuck under my Z

So this morning while driving to school, I went over what seemed like a rope plastic bag or something close to that. I did not react quick enough to maneuver around it, so I drove over it. Couple seconds later, I hear like some clicking sounds coming from the rear of the car. I was like..**** oh great. I was right next to the parking lot at school, so I just carried on slowly and parked.

When class was over, I decided I was going to take the Z to the nearest dealership..which was about 12 miles away. However, the clicking noise continued as I began to drive. It was like a repeating clunk/click noise coming from the rear. At this point, I had already taken a quick look and verified that something was indeed stuck behind my Z. ( I didn't know what it was stuck to, I lack basic knowledge of car parts LOL).

The noise continued as I was exiting the school parking lot. I was moving at around 20 MPH tops, as the noise would get louder if I tried to go any faster. I drove about half a mile..probably less where I pulled over to the side of the street because I was scared that I would damage the car or something due to the noise it was producing. Lucky for me..there was a shop right next to the street which I had pulled over. I decided **** it, I will just stop here and see if they can help me out.

I pull in with the rear still producing noise, and I park. I talked the guy real quick, told him I had something stuck in the rear. He told me to pull my car up and that they were going to lift it and check it out real quick. When they lift my car, there was like this rope thing stuck on what he told me was the driving shaft...IT was a lot of rope ( Look at pic for reference) I was like O.o wtf!!!!!

The two mechanics started to cut it off slowly for about 5 minutes before they took all of it out. I guess it was wrapped around that, + the rear diff? that's what he said..
He also said if I kept driving a bit more, I would have been screwed.
I drove away, and everything seems fine now..
Today was a really bad morning

Anyone else experience something similar?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1655.jpg (466.2 KB, 186 views)
2xtreme1 is offline   Reply With Quote