View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
fzgood
Base Member

Drives: '13 370z 6MT TS PW
fzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond reputefzgood has a reputation beyond repute

No need to be nasty, but if you're going to treat every person who responds to your question (a request for response, no?), like they're of sub par intelligence, then prepare for some crossfire.

The top number in the display is the odometer. The bottom number is a trip meter. The trip meter displays tenths, the odometer does not. Put your glasses back on, look for the decimal in the top number. If you see it, go get your prescription checked (have someone else drive), get some new glasses, and look for it again. There is no decimal in the odometer.

As far as hitting certain numbers twice, maybe you're tapping the trip meter button and toggling between A and B. Again, you might want to put your glasses on for this one too (above advice applies). The little LCD A or B denotes which one your'e looking at—both can be reset. If you've passed certain numbers twice, perhaps you've reset the trip meter without knowing it... based on the content of this thread, I wouldn't be surprised.

If you're interpreting a "12 1" as a 12.1, again, you're misinterpreting what the display is showing you. LCDs are just designed that way. Pull out an old school calculator—1's are just displayed on the right side of the fixed space for each character.

I'm not sure how else this can be explained. If you don't know how an odometer and trip meter work, I think you should just refer to your manual and refrain from embarrassing yourself on the Internet.