View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
jza70turbo
Base Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary
jza70turbo will become famous soon enoughjza70turbo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ10PG View Post
How's the fitment of your rear diffuser?
Well, initially the sides of the diffuser did not line up perfectly and took quite a bit of pressure on the sides to get lined up with the bumper. I had done some reading prior to installing it though, and was fully aware/expecting a bit of wrestling to get it fitted perfectly.

I took the bumper off, used a good amount of the supplied 3M tape and silicone, C-clamped it down, installed the 2 screws on the bottom and let it sit for a day. Ended up fitting just as expected, although I can imagine people who daily drive their Z having problems with getting the silicone tacky enough to hold it in place. Not to mention, ideally you shouldn't have to take your bumper off for something like this. I probably could have gotten away with just doing it while it was on the car, but I had the time and didn't want to be redoing anything so I thought I might as well take it off.

Also, I had to take the diffuser off when I changed out my "buthole" light and wow... I don't know what that black silicone is made of which EVO-R supplied me with but holy **** is it ever strong once it solidifies.
jza70turbo is offline   Reply With Quote