View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
tha_alabama
Base Member

Drives: '12 touring gunmetal
tha_alabama is on a distinguished road

I'm still at a disconnect.....
I have never had issues with the fuel gauge before, it has always reflected accurate information.

So randomly, on a day when I let it go low(down to 2 dots, 38mile range left), I go fill up.
When the gas was gushing in, the counter on the pump as I have stated went up very slow.....

Now after all of that(essentially free gas), I have nearly full dots, but the range counter increments slowly...it took about 1.5 hours to hit 341 mile range..that has never happened before.

Does anyone put any consideration/weight into the connection between a gas pump that for whatever reason, gave me 98% off, and the gas-range not resetting after I filled up(but only after 1.5 hours)?

It's almost as if something in my tank caused the gas pump to screw up, leading me to think that something can be exploited to trick gas pumps into having this happen? or maybe not. I'm not asking for the purposes of ripping gas stations off, but am curious about the two seemingly happening together........

Something inside the tank that measures when the tank is full, somehow interfered with the gas pump? or vice versa....the two seem oddly connected together....
tha_alabama is offline   Reply With Quote