View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #6642 (permalink)
Verda7junior
Base Member

Drives: 15NISMO16Q50RS400AWD
Verda7junior is on a distinguished road

In preparation for whenever I get to go drag racing again and try and beat my 13.3@107, last night I did a little weight reduction. I removed the spare tire and wheel, jack, lugnut wrench & tools, child seat anchor bracket, front tow hook, rear tow hook, and rear floor mat. It all added up to 46.8 lbs. And today I made my Z jealous by temporarily falling in love with a 2014 Corvette, it was a red automatic (same as my Z) and it had red interior and brake calipers and black wheels and a removable roof panel. I work at a GM dealer and I did a pre delivery inspection on it first thing this morning. That included a 9 mile test drive with some highway time. What made my heart beat faster was when I decided to do a full throttle acceleration from 45 up to 75, it surprised me with its brutal acceleration that it flew from 45 up to 90 in what seemed like 1 second and I stomped on the brakes when I looked down and saw 90 after letting off. So after that I was in love with it as it was in the shop for me to admire until it was delivered to it's owner at 3pm. My car stickered at $37,465 (although I bought it for $29,988 after it sat on the dealers lot for 14 months) and the Corvette stickers at $62,500. So after work I went home and admired and drove my Z again. I think she will forgive me for todays fling and realize that I will always come home to and love my Z. To me the Vette is digital and the Z is analog. The Vette has a ton of info available on it's displays, heads up display with a few choices. Speedo, tach, etc. display that has alot of choices including tire temperature that said warm after my test drive. Radio & HVAC touch screen display that lowers to access a cubby hole and USB port. A few things on the rear view mirror such as compass. The Vette has an electronically controlled rear differential and electrically actuated valves in the exhaust tips. And the Z has analog everything other than the digital clock and the trip computer screen that I usually just leave on the outside temp display. The Vette has small paddles mounted on the steering wheel,and the Z has large ones on the column. The Vette seemed a little tighter inside and the seat bolsters hugged me tighter. Both cars have 245mm tires on front, Vette has 285 rear and Z 275 rear. So overall I really love my Z. Walking out of a store tonight I realized that another benefit of parking out away from other cars is that it gives me more time to admire my Z as I am walking towards her.