View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
mspeasl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Red M6 Sport/Touring
mspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond reputemspeasl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Hey folks,

first, let me say, that I'm very pleased about this forum. It's very nice to read your posts, to view your pics from your Zs.

Now, back to topic. Today I've read an article on an german car testing website, that Nissan is taking the pre-orders for the new Z.
They offer two versions: Base and Pack. Pack includes leather, Bose-Audio and seat heating. 19" wheels is an option.
And now the price: 38690 Euros (!) for Base, Pack starts at 41190.-
Let me convert it: 50939 / 54227 US $
Ok, from the "old" Z I know, that Nissan modified the chassis and we had cooling fins for the differential. But, hello?
When I think on it, that I live in Austria, and we've got to pay additional taxes etc, the Z is not payable.

So, folks, be glad, that you live in the USA

Sorry, had to post this. It's really pi**sing me off

Peter
Sounds like a simple problem that can easily be fixed. Buy the car in the U.S. and have it shipped to your country. Importing a car into somewhere other than the U.S. has got to be a snap. Most areas don't have to deal with the BS we do here, like emissions, air bags etc.