View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgunho View Post
This wasn't about what is the best oil. Everyone has their own opinion. This is more about Nissan's oil recommendation. Two completely different things.

Basically they are now recommending Mobil Full Synthetic over their own Nissan Ester oil as stated in the service manual.

I think any oil that meets the API standard is sufficient to protect your engine for normal driving. Just change the oil and the filter every 3,000 mi and you'll be fine.
Unless that was a call from an engineer of that motor. His input is worthless.
If you out regular oil in your car and change it within 3750 miles, they can't void your warranty, so that means it's "good enough" and most, if not all meet API specs